OUR CLIENT: Local Agencies Funding Critical Infrastructure
The Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act of 2014 (WIFIA) established the WIFIA program to accelerate investment in our nation's water infrastructure. WIFIA provides long-term, low-cost supplemental loans for eligible water and wastewater infrastructure projects. Administered by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the WIFIA program helps agencies make vital investments in water infrastructure at significantly reduced costs to ratepayer.
Barney & Worth staff have helped agencies successfully navigate the rigorous, multi-step WIFIA application process for both the small and large community funding tracts. Our experience also includes WIFIA award communications strategies for some of the largest regional water infrastructure projects.
Our WIFIA advisory services include:
- Pre-application research and eligibility review
- Application process strategy, planning, and project management
- Letter of Interest development and compliance
- Executive summary preparation
- WIFIA award communications strategy and outreach
B&W staff supported successful applications for:
- Willamette Water Supply – $638.2 million
- City of Sandy – $33 million
- City of Portland – $726.6 million
Watch the Video